The teeth are similar to porcelain and enamel. They are strong and robust, but over time and with repeated exposure, they absorb stains leading to discoloration. Stains on your teeth can cause you to feel less secure when you smile. While tooth whiteners and commercial spot removers are available at your dentist’s shop or office, these products and services can be expensive. Natural teeth whitening methods remove stains from the teeth and are more cost effective.
- Slice up to two fresh strawberries. Rub the inner white part of the strawberries on the teeth to whiten them and remove the stains. Do this every morning with the interiors of two strawberries.
- Rub the white part of the inside of an orange peel in the teeth every night. Used regularly, orange peel keeps your teeth white and shiny.
- Place 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda in a bowl and add a few drops of hydrogen peroxide to form a paste. Rub the paste on the front of your teeth and then cover your teeth with foil strips. Leave the whitening paste in place for up to 30 minutes. Remove and discard aluminum strips. Rinse mouth with water to remove peroxide paste.
- Mix 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, white 1/2 teaspoon vinegar and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Brush your teeth every morning and every night with your home toothpaste to whiten your teeth and refresh your breath.
Tips & Warnings
- Equal parts of lemon juice and table salt remove the yellow discoloration on the teeth.
- Reduce or eliminate altogether substances that are notorious for staining of teeth, such as cigarettes and other forms of tobacco, as well as coffee, tea.